Fwd: buzzfix in India

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:43:11 CEST 2009

> On a related note, the fix for #1024 and the bass boost as well as the
> shorting of the erroneous capacitor[1] (if present) would be a welcome
> addition to the Buzz fix. It seems a reasonable amount of effort to send
> the phone and it would make sense to do as much as possible on this one
> trip. Could someone with hardware skills explain the various fixes to
> the guy who is doing the fixes ?

I am no hardware guy, in fact I haven't even opened up my phone beyond
the battery case yet...not that I see some risk...just that I don't
see any reason to do that. Anyways, for bass fix there is a wiki page
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_bass_fix) which suggests more
that one way of fixing the issue with pros and cons
For bug#1024, the only nice link I got was
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/hardware/2009-May/001192.html

I think the descriptions are pretty well written but then thats my
perspective who hasn't ever used a solder iron. Anyone with more
experience please jump in.

--Vikas