PISI 0.4 released

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:54:28 CEST 2009

Hi,
on Friday I uploaded patch for OE repository to shr trac:
http://trac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/592
<http://trac.shr-project.org/trac/ticket/592>Patch contains support for
setuptools (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools), which seems like
standard tool for managing python packages, that's files ez_setup.py,
setup.py and setup.cfg. It would be nice if you include those 3 files in
your source distribution package.

I also found few files missing from
http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/download.php/888/pisi-src-0.4.4.tar.gz,
which were available in subversion repository, so I made only bbfile for
"live" subversion version of pisi, I can found which files were missing if
you can include them to pisi-src too.

As last modification of your source distribution I created pisi python
module and moved all pisi stuff and subdirs there, because this bbfile
installs pisi directly in /usr/lib/python*/site-packages/pisi not to
/opt/pisi and having lots of files and directories only for pisi directly in
site-packages seemed wrong for me.

So i rearranged source files like this:
mkdir pisi
mv pisi*.py pisi
touch pisi/__init__.py
mv contacts/ modules/ events/ tests/ thirdparty/ pisi

As I said before, I'm not python programer so setuptools and python packages
are new for me, so it would be nice if someone could confirm, that this
structure is sane and you could rearrange files in subversion to simplyfi
building process.

I'll try to prepare bbfiles for new development version dependencies as you
wrote in second thread.

JaMa