Kernel Mode-Setting (KMS) on Neo FreeRunner + Debian

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Wed Aug 19 12:57:51 CEST 2009

Dan Staley wrote:
> The glamo.....useful?  If this work continues...perhaps a rethink of
> gta02-core is in order?!

Hmm, I doubt it :) Use one bitmap that's not cached in Glamo memory and
you're back to watching the same old paint dry again. So I still think
gta02-core will run circles around GTA02. But perhaps smaller circles
now :-)

But I have to say that I'm very impressed by Thomas' work. It's not
just the acceleration but also the complete overhaul of the driver
architecture.

- Werner