Elementary documentation

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:58:01 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra<rms at 1407.org> wrote:
> Can you show me a complete mini-example, please?

I have a bit of trouble myself how evas, edje, elementary are related
to each other.

In paroli every root window is a elementary.Window, and we attache to
this window (or canvas? is elementary.Window has a secret evas.Canvas object,
or is it itself an evas object? Sorry no real understanding here)

a elementary.Layout object. The elementary.Layout itself is rather simple
it has only three methods:
file_set(edje_file, group_inside_edje_file) # set the edje file
edje_get() # returns with the edje object
content_set("swallow-name-inside-group", elementary_layout_object)

I fail to understand what is really required while initializing
elementary.Layout,
its *required* to pass an elementary.Window object or any canvas is enough?
So the window itself needs to be an elementary.Window, or can be a regular
evas window too?

So basically what you need is:
elm_layout = elementary.Layout(elementary.Window("window-title",
elementary.ELM_WIN_BASIC))
elm_layout.file_set("./my-awesomeness.edj")
elm_layout.content_set("swallow-wanna-inject-here", self.any_elementary_object)
(maybe we can inject here any edje object ....)

Really dont count on me, I lack the proper understanding, and I meet
these things only in paroli,
and in paroli these abstracted things are burried into some tichy
objects, and makes understanding
even more hard.

Hope it helps something. Would be nice, to have some clean example how to mix
elementary, edje and evas canvas....

Best regards,
 Laszlo