Kernel Mode-Setting (KMS) on Neo FreeRunner + Debian

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:45:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 01:01:53PM +0100, Thomas White wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:38:12 +1000
> Chris Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:
>
> > I haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but this looks really neat!
> >
> > (Found via Planet Ubuntu)
> >
> > http://losca.blogspot.com/2009/08/kernel-mode-setting-kms-on-neo.html
>
> Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!  Apart from the GEM buffer object
> waiting ioctl not having been implemented (leading to garbled text in some
> cases, and a few other artifacts), I think the KMS driver is in a usable state
> right now.  Anyone brave enough to test it is more than welcome.

Thanks for your great work!
I'm using this driver for some time and it behaves realy good. I didn't even
noticed any garbled text or artifacts, which is great for this state of
development :).

I have few patches for shr/import branch for newer versions of xorg (I'm
using xserver-xorg-1.6.3) and also some cleanup of your bbfiles (like
using SRCPV for automatic upgrade after rebuild new git revision). If
you're interested, let me know.

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa