Replacement battery for GTA01/Neo

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Aug 19 17:27:24 CEST 2009

>> > BL-5C can't be charged with GTA02.
>> I presume you mean GTA01, right?  My GTA02 has no trouble charging my BL-5C.
> Really?

Yes.

> I bought BL-5C compatible battery month ago, and it can't be charged
> with GTA02. I also remove BL-5C from Nokia phone, and GTA02 still can't
> charge this battery.

No idea, but "it just works" for me.  Has always worked.  I've been
using Debian kernels for a while now, and they're still stuck at 2.6.29,
so maybe some newer kernels make it fail.

Of course, I don't get any charge indication, but I'm pretty sure it
does charge, since I've been using this battery for almost a year now.

        Stefan