Replacement battery for GTA01/Neo

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 01:23:19 CEST 2009

"Daniel.Li" <lida_mail at 163.com> writes:
>> > BL-5C can't be charged with GTA02.
>>
>> That's just plain wrong! GTA02 has _zero_ problems charging BL-4/5/6C.
>>
>> Please read the battery Q&A [1].
>
> We have a discussion month ago, and found that FR (GTA02) can't charge
> BL-5C, see below link.
>
> http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2908120
"
I think "work" means all functions can be used (remaining battery
indication, battery info display, anyway compatible with battery
shipped
with FR)

BL-5C can't display battery info/remaining battery and charge with FR.
"

Yes, for that kind of information you need to use gta01_battery
driver.

But charging dumb batteries always worked in gta02, if unsure reread
Rask's reply at the link you posted:
"Please define "CAN NOT charge". Note that you can quite easily try it
out as explained above. Simply put in a battery with middle pad
covered and see if it charges. When you want to check the capacity,
just take out the piece of paper or plastic. " etc.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com