One second Openmoko boot?

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 04:56:42 CEST 2009

Hi,
  I would look for a decent middle path. A reasonable boot time, perhaps 30
secs to fully usable, and charging required in say 3 days of some measure of
activity assumed to be normal (we could define something as a benchmark).
  And for a hell of a lot more smarts from a 'smart'phone. How about sync
with desktop apps/on the net (yes PISI is getting there), notifications,
reminders, alarms, PIM apps, stable accelerometer based rotation etc.
  I have to say that things have improved drastically over the last year -
but then the FR should have been here long ago. Maybe openmoko could have
done a lot better if the FR was where it is heading for right now (buzz-fix,
bass-fix, #1024 fix, software stack improvements).
  I cant wait to get this phone running the (future) fully compiled FSO
stack. Already the parts that are compiled are making a huge difference to
the phone's performance.
  We're getting there. Now, if only we could write down a priority wise
sequence of problems that need solving somewhere and tackle them one at a
time with all the resources we have.