Launcher 0.30 release

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 06:34:43 CEST 2009

> Did anyone get their location data? (Should come under the date and above
> where the LOADING.. message appears).
I can see the location data. Although there is one issue (not with the
location data)...when "Ready!" is shown the category bar shifts down
just so much to hide the category labels
(http://scap.linuxtogo.org/files/08081d27d9ae2103b65673acfbc018e6.png)

> Any feedback about the phonelog, reminders etc?
phonelog seems fine...haven't got any reminder yet :). Of course
phonelog is not picking up contacts from opimd (but you are saying
that you would soon be using opimd so thats a non-issue :)
BTW, I was wondering if, we can have a dedicated cell in category bar
for phone functionality. And selecting it would show something like
litephone (may be litephone itself?). That ways you wont need to
duplicate the efforts...of course someone would need to get the UI in
sync...

>  Well, thats one issue. Could you copy all the icons from
> /usr/share/icons/shr/86x86/apps to /usr/share/pixmaps ?
>  I wonder what the best way to solve this is - other than checking both
> directories.

I was wondering if there are existing libraries which parse .desktop
files and give back a standard structure (say {iconPath, label,
executable}, etc). I guess illume (desktop) would alredy be using
something of that kind (if it exists)

--Vikas