Launcher 0.30 release

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Aug 21 09:35:07 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 08:28:51PM -0500, c_c wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > My veredict: not yet ready for reliable use, but much better than
> > illume-launcher
> > feature-wise :)
> >
>   Can you tell me the problems you faced?

One is quite predictable: it's still way too slow on launch.

Another is that many/most icons wouldn't show up.

Another is that it they seemed too glued up to the bottom, if possible
they could try to be more or less spread around, or at least follow
some grid, which would make them easier to point & shoot at.

Also while it doesn't use opimd api and accesses sqlite dbs directly, it
may even cause some nasty concurrency issues, even though you assure it
won't, I'm quite afraid of the consequences if you happen to be wrong.

I'm looking forward to try out the next version which first uses opim
functionality :)

Congratulations, and keep up the good work!

Rui