[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Aug 21 11:44:24 CEST 2009

Arne & Sebastian, let's try to cool down.

Sebastian: if you don't agree that something like this is needed,
fine, thanks for letting us know, now would you please let us to work
on it if we want.

Android already has it's own showroom (as pointed out in the original
mail). So does QT extended: http://qtextended.org/modules/mydownloads/

AFAIK, openwrt doesn't so I'd be happy to include openwrt here.

Debian has it's own project to include screenshots to package
descriptions (can't find it now) and some graphical tools - but still,
I'd be happy to include Debian so that it's Freerunner-users could
easily find nice apps specifically targetted for Freerunner. This same
goes with Gentoo, unless it alread has a project to show
Freerunner-specific applications.

-> I want to get the distros covered that don't have a showroom. But
if there's already an existing one, I'm more than happy to point that
out to both devels and users. And Openmoko wiki or projecst don't
count.

Amount of work: I have no idea how it's possible that opkg.org has 127
packages here: http://www.opkg.org/list.txt - I guess people have
submitted it there! So when someone creates a package (or .bb recipe
or whatever needed) to be submitted to a distribution, the information
of the app in that distribution could be added to this new showroom.
If all openembedded distros will eventually use the openembedded
repositories, we can have one distro there covering SHR, OM2009 etc.

And yes, Om2009 is still developed, maybe it doesn't have it's own
website, mailing lists etc but it's still develoepd and there's a plan
to move over to openembedded repositories instead of maintaining own
repositories.