[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Fri Aug 21 12:51:19 CEST 2009

[cut]
> It does not look good! Wiki is a nice idea, freely editable for
> everyone - but it just doesn't work for all purposes.
Such a showroom doesn't need to look fancy - it has to be informative!
Something like:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/index.php?title=Main_Page/pl&oldid=40837
is nice enough for me. And i bet it is not that hard to make it look
fancy at wiki if you really want to.

[cut]
> Can't get RSS out with comments. Wiki doesn't create a repository. And
> - it doesn't look appealing!
1.You didn't mention RSS earlier.
2.This topic is about creating Showroom - not about repo.
3.same as before - it has to be informative in first place, then we can
look after good look.

[cut]
> Not? See http://www.opkg.org/packages ...
Sorry, didn't noticed these two files:
Packages
Packages.gz
You are right, opkg is a repository. A poor one which doesn't include
dependencies. Regardless of above, you started this topic with subject
"New showroom for Openmoko apps", not "New repo..."

[cut]
> Have tried to do that for ~6 months now.
...to contact with him, or to convince him?

Did you investigate status of opkg.org domain? Is it bought by this guy
or sponsored by OpenMoko?
	Someone mentioned that opkg.org source code is available. If domain is
sponsored by OM or else, than IMHO after half year of catching author
you can ask OM to hand it over to someone else, maybe you?

Looks like a flame - going to look aronud for an extinguisher ;)

P.S. Did you noticed i am doing my best to change my signature to
correct before posting to ML?... manually...

--
Kind Regards,       Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
                    Linux Registered User #377521

Email secured by Check Point