[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Aug 21 14:25:25 CEST 2009

Opkg.org seems to be owned by the author so if the author is not
co-operative (cannot be reached, doesn't answer e-mails or jabber)
there's not much we or OM can do about it.

Summa summarum:

* Looks like there are people around who support the idea of showroom.
* Showroom, not a repository
* Read the data from packages in the repositories of the distributions
* Allow filtering of packages based on existing desktop files and categories
* Allow social features like comments & voting on the web site
* Also create a client for FR to search & install apps

Did I miss something?

Anyone with the skills around willing to work on this? I'd say the one
who has the skills can decide the technology, be it git+django or
svn+php or whatever, as long as it's possible for more than one people
to contribute.