[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Warren Baird wjbaird at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 21 15:01:56 CEST 2009

Frankly, I'm not that fond of the name opkg.org...

As I said, I'd rather have some kind of an application database - something
that explicitly *does not* provide opkg files.

Maybe we should get something like frappdb.org or something like that?

Warren

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 01:46:05PM +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 03:25:25PM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> > > Opkg.org seems to be owned by the author so if the author is not
> > > co-operative (cannot be reached, doesn't answer e-mails or jabber)
> > > there's not much we or OM can do about it.
> >
> > Have any of these physical contacts been tried?
> >
> > We probably need a "foundation" of sorts to handle this kind of things,
> > anyway, but I'm willing to donate the reasonable expense in order to buy
> > the domain either from Tobias or if I manage to buy it after expiry and
> > donate it to a foundation.
> >
> > rms at roque:~$ whois opkg.org
> > (...)
> > Domain ID:D154421724-LROR
> > Domain Name:OPKG.ORG
> > Created On:08-Oct-2008 07:38:10 UTC
> > Last Updated On:08-Dec-2008 03:51:51 UTC
> > Expiration Date:08-Oct-2009 07:38:10 UTC
> > Sponsoring Registrar:ASCIO Technologies, Inc. - Denmark (R76-LROR)
> > Status:OK
> > Registrant ID:AT21297988-052
> > Registrant Name:Tobias Kuendig
> > Registrant Organization:Tobias Kuendig
> > Registrant Street1:Sagenblickweg 6
> > Registrant Street2:
> > Registrant Street3:
> > Registrant City:Ebikon
> > Registrant State/Province:
> > Registrant Postal Code:6030
> > Registrant Country:CH
> > Registrant Phone:+41.793909805
> > Registrant Phone Ext.:
> > Registrant FAX:
> > Registrant FAX Ext.:
> > Registrant Email:tobias.kuendig at gmail.com<Email%3Atobias.kuendig at gmail.com>
>
> Ijust tried the phone number, a woman who couldn't speak english or french
> (just german) but understood enough to answer «no Tobias».
>
> I guess I'll just have to try to buy opkg.org
>
> Rui

Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca