[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Aug 21 15:19:56 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 04:10:05PM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> Rui: well done trying to call!

:)

> And I also agree that the name opkg.org is not the best one as opk is
> used in other platforms and other formats are used on FR too..

Ok, so maybe we'll just let opkg.org die then.

> I think it's ok to limit us to only FR as it's a unique device at
> least for now but maybe in the future there'd be a need to support
> other linux phones too..? Maybe I wouldn't rule Android out too, if
> people want to add Android apps there and the file formats etc support
> it..

Actually, if you're not going specific on some OS then you might just as
well get a domain generic enough for one, even if you simply use a subdomain
for OS specifics.

Maybe you don't even need to buy a domain :)

How about: apps.freesmartphone.org ? :) hint hint hint

Rui