One second Openmoko boot?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Fri Aug 21 17:01:16 CEST 2009

On Friday 21 August 2009 16:36:07 Helge Hafting wrote:
> Now, implement suspend-to-disk (SD-card), and you can start
> reasonably quick after changing the battery.

It should take around 40 seconds to read the memory back from SD, so if you
can live with that, implementing suspend-to-disk might be interesting.

Still I prefer working on the actual boot process, since getting away from
booting like a PC will also have positive effects on memory consumption and
battery lifetime.

:M: