Bugfix for #1024 (gsm modem re-camping) done

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Fri Aug 21 18:06:16 CEST 2009

Hi all,

today i did the rework for bug #1024 to my freerunner. First i tried to
remove C1009 and replace it with a 22µF capacitor but i had no luck
getting it off the board with my tools. Maybe it was glued to good and i
have no smd tweezer iron to heat up both ends of C1009 at the same time.
So i used the solution where i added a 10µF capacitor parallel to the
existing one. My rework is based on [1] by Dieter Spaar.

I documented my rework process with a few pictures available here [2].

Now i only need a reliable testcase where i can see if the rework helped
or not. Is there any scenario i can try to find out if #1024 is fixed or


[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/hardware/2009-May/001192.html
[2] http://quakeman.homelinux.net/bugfix_1024/

More information about the community mailing list