One second Openmoko boot?

Edder edder at tkwsping.nl
Fri Aug 21 19:10:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Michal Brzozowski<rusolis at poczta.fm> wrote:
> 2009/8/21 Tilman Baumann <tilman at baumann.name>
>>
>> Remember, there is almost absolutely no use case for total shutoff and
>> suspend to 'Disk' since you want your GSM to stay on line on suspend. And
>> for that everything but past resume from RAM is useless.
>
> There are many use cases if you're on battery for an extended period (for
> example when traveling) and don't need the GSM to be online all the time.
>
> There have been a few occasions where suspend to disk would have helped me,
> assuming reasonable wakeup time. But I understand I'm in the minority.

I would also like suspend to disk and agree that there are a number of
use cases when it is very practical. For example I am often out of the
country for a weekend. Often it is not practical to recharge the phone
during that time and it would be a lot easier if I could just suspend
to disk and quickly check for missed msgs every couple of hours or so.

Maybe I am biased because I also always suspend my laptop to disk, so
know from experience how nice it is to be able to quickly boot up :)

Cheers, Edder