Hi

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 12:10:52 CEST 2009

On 8/22/09, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:
> Hi Soumik!
>
> Depends on what you want to work on, but if you have a freerunner, my
> suggestion is to install om2009 unstable there (see
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2009 ) and contribute to Paroli for a
> start (see http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Paroli ). That'd be very
> beneficial for many and you'd get easily in in the develpment for
> Freerunner.
>
> You're welcome to join #paroli irc-channel for discussion.
>

> (and I know, others will recommend you other distros like SHR or
> Debian - but I was first :)

Few arguments for SHR over Om2009: more people working on it, develops
faster, most of decisions are done by community, nice way for sending
and maintain patches, reachable people maintaining distro (so your app
can even be added to default image), perspectives for future.  IRC
channel: #openmoko-cdevel

Decision is up to you, but I prefer SHR. Fast, stable, usable - as
Om2009, but it has also more things behind scenes which Om2009 don't
have ;)

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos