Getting location info from cell tower

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 12:14:25 CEST 2009

On 8/22/09, c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Al Johnson wrote:
>>
>> On Friday 21 August 2009, c_c wrote:
>> Have you tried unregistering then reregistering, or
>> shutting down then restarting the GSM module?
>>
>   Both do the trick. It seems as if this service is really optimised. Data
> is sent only on registration. I guess I'll have to keep the location info in
> a db and resotore on startup. And update only on new data.

Except cell broadcast channel there is also something like "Cell info"
(it was exposed in settings in my Nokia and Motorola phones), and it
in some networks provide info about location and doesn't have such
limitation as cell broadcasting.

Is it possible to get  it from Calypso and FSO?

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos