[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Sat Aug 22 12:35:09 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 12:44:35PM +0200, Martin Jansa wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 04:45:00AM -0500, KaZeR wrote:
>> One problem is that distro packaged apps sometimes lag way behind bleeding
>> edge.
>> e.g. : navit in SHR : r2309, navit via navit's feed : r2511 : that's quite a
>> lot.

>I use autorev for navit as one of my tweaks of shr-unstable, so I have
>always the latest.

My two cents say something about stability ;)

In a showroom kind of thing it's important to build a community around
what would otherwise be a mod_autoindex list of /pool/ and not so
much take a stance on distro management.

>Bleeding-edge distro with even more autorev packages would be great even
>for application developers to check their continuous integration and
>build problems.

Is there some Open Source tool for doing CI, something that distros
would use already?

I thought for a while Launchpad might be it, but probably not.

>With my 2 cents we've 4 already, great! :)

6!

--
mjt