[All] Status of the OM community

Marko Knöbl openmoko.marko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 16:52:54 CEST 2009

> My suggestion is to start with the cleanup of wiki: separate HW and
> SW,

I have already tried to do this with "Getting Started with your Neo
1973/Neo FreeRunner". The page "Getting Started with your Neo
FreeRunner" is obsolete now. Now we have several manuals on the wiki,
which are explicitly separated into device manuals and distribution
manuals.[1] Unfortunately the manuals page is not linked to from the
navigation bar - on the documentation mailing list it was agreed to
have a link, but there are no active wiki sysops to change this.

> separate devel/user information,

This was already discussed several times, but it never really was put
into practice. I had planned to attempt this once again when I have
got more time - But if anybody else would be willing to do this now
that would be great!

> archive or delete outdated
> information,

Some time ago I thought about this too. However this turned out to be
problematic for me: Personally I often have problems to tell whether a
page is up-to-date or not because I don't have enough knowledge in
this topic.
Therefore I'd suggest a different method: Mark pages as maintained if
there are editors who regularly check if they are still up to date and
have a warning on the top of the page if they are not maintained. I'm
currently thinking about a concept on how to realize this - comments
are welcome!

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manuals