How does well does this community work?

Roland Whitehead roland at quru.com
Sat Aug 22 19:27:20 CEST 2009

I am working with the 40 Fires Foundation [http://www.40fires.org] to
try to build a framework for the development of open source hardware.
You might have heard that the first project is the "hyrban" car - a
car powered by a hydrogen fuel cell - the prototype of which was
revealed by Riversimple [http://www.riversimple.com] earlier in the
summer and whose designs have been licensed to 40 Fires. We have had
input from Mozilla and other software foundations but of course the
design of something like a car is a little harder to manage as an open
source project. Openmoko.org is frequently raised in discussions and
has lead me to push forward a wiki, mailing list and nabble based
forums. Before we commit to this, how well do you think that this
technology serves the Openmoko community? If you had the chance to
build a community for the development of the Openmoko (hardware as
well as software) what would you do and why?

TIA

Roland
--
QURU, London