[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Cristian Gómez cristianpark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 09:36:44 CEST 2009

Hi all, I were following this thread and I think that the most remarkable
post is this one from Martin who resumes the most important things that we
want to have in the showroom page.

I made this Classes diagram [1] in DIA to make the basis for the development
of the site. It's really basic but I think that it's a start point.

I'll explain several points to make the diagram clear:
* The classes have the attributes that I can figure out from the requests on
this thread.
* A user can be a maintainer of a distribution/application or just a regular
user (someone with account in the page who can vote for the distros/apps
popularity)
* The "File" class (table) contains the files (commonly image files) of the
three entities: distros/apps (screenshots); user (user image)
* The distros and the apps have an attribute to represent their popularity
(a float number from 1 to 5) that is set with a stored procedure that update
the "popularity" field with the average of the califications of the users
for the distro/application (a user only can vote once for an distro/app,
which makes the popularity more reliable). The procedure is triggered
whenever an user give a distro/app application)

TODO:

* Discuss if any registered user can edit the information of a distro/app or
how it will be covered.
* Reppresent the dependencies of an application
* Other things that you want

Note: DIA diagram contains attribute description for each class

I don't know if the diagram is usable/compatible with the apt-portal idea
but is my way to bring my two cents for the cause......

Remember that you're welcome to make adjustments to the diagram in order to
make it more representative of the situation of a AppDB for the FR.

Greetings from Colombia

[1] http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?kyyzzcuz3kt

* Don't Worry.......Be Linux!!!!
* Cristian Gómez Alvarez