Paroli : migrating SIM contacts

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 13:28:52 CEST 2009

Michael Pilgermann a écrit :
> Hi Xavier,
>
> generally speaking, you could use PISI (http://www.opkg.org/package_191.html) for this problem.
>
> Although, we developed and tested PISI on SHR. So, I do not know, whether it is running on Om 2009 as well? (Any experiences from anybody??)
>
> If it is running:
> You could take a copy of your VCF file - synchronize this one with you existing SIM card entries (access via dbus, should be in OM 2009 I think) ... afterwards, you could edit the vcf file and sync again with the new SIM card in the OM.
>
> The Paroli numbers are not yet visible to PISI; unless Paroli makes use of OPIMD??? But that would be new to me ...
>
> Michael

Hi,
I am currently trying to sync my old SIM card with my VCF file, in order
to dump the VCF file into my new SIM card later.

PISI can be installed and launched from my Om2009, but I have an
encoding problem :

** Error: Changes to source 2 (VCF) could not be applied due to the
following reason: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in
position 36: ordinal not in range(128)

Could you tell me how to run PISI in full UTF-8 ? I think this software
could be a good solution for my problem, but my VCF file is an UTF-8 one
(I am french)

Best regards,
Xavier.