[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sun Aug 23 18:24:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:16:02AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 21:00 +0200 schrieb Rask Ingemann
> Lambertsen:

> > Someone needs to sit down with the firmware interface
> > specification (i.e. from the existing driver?) and match it up
> > with the Linux network device API ("make htmldocs") and then write
> > a new driver.
>
> any takers? at least for a detailed bug report? rask, what about
> yourself?

   I will not have the time at least until the gta02-core is out. It's
something that won't have basic functionality after a weekend because
 - The firmware is said to be a pain to work with,
 - I'm unfamiliar with the SDIO stack for communication with the card,
 - I'm unfamiliar with the IEEE 802.11 network layer,
 - I'm not yet using WLAN, but at least the 802.11 card that was collecting
   dust on a table for a few months has now found its way into a PCI slot.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen