[QtMoko] Compilation memory issues

leonardo descompasado at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:38:40 CEST 2009

Dear all,
After a log time away from moko I decided to add a couple of fixes to
qtopia unpredictive keyboard.
I've gitted latest qtmoko from radek tree, added a folder with a
modified version of the predictive keyboard and tried to recompile
everything. All this on a debian stable machine I used to compile old
qtextended.

mkdir build
cd build
../qtmoko/configure --device=neo -D _FORTIFY_SOURCE=0 -no-ssl

the configure script lauches tens of shells that quickly fill up my
memory and swap (1.5G+4G). I suppose this is not the normal behaviour.

I had no problem compiling qtextended with this same procedure as
described in

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qt_Extended_Improved

any hints?

ciao,