Python email or direct GMail lib?

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 23:34:16 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm writing a minimal gmail client for the Neo and found that libgmail
has loads of dependencies when trying it on the Hardware (which wasn't
successful until now because of these deps).
Does someone of you know a (possibly easily *g*) usable direct gmail or
general email library?
Libgmail seems to do some web interface parsing or IMAP (rather), so
that the messages stay on the server which would be my preference, too.
Downloading mails via POP to the Neo and therefore having to get them
onto the desktop pc afterwards is kinda circuitous.

--
Marcel