Python email or direct GMail lib?

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 25 11:18:05 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2009, 11:00 +0200 schrieb Laszlo KREKACS:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Michael Sheldon<mike at mikeasoft.com> wrote:
> >> Does someone of you know a (possibly easily *g*) usable direct gmail or
> >> general email library?
> >
> >  The imaplib module would probably be your best choice. It's packaged in
> > python-email.
> >

> Isnt usable the gmail's mobile interface?
> Dunno how to access them from a regular browser...
> (they suggest to type www.gmail.com into iphone's webbrowser ....)

That's exactly the problem - I've no idea how to get there, anyway it's
still browser based and imho using web browsers on the Neo sucks. Font
sizes never really fit, especially in such a webapp.

> For gmail's contacts there is a ready-made python library by google:
> http://code.google.com/intl/hu-HU/apis/contacts/

And they even seem to have a GMail _settings_ api, but nothing for
accessing the actual mail. >.<

> Im seriously planning some contacts synchronization with gmail
> in paroli application. However its only future plan. So if you
> do some kind of python synchronization, and your code is simple
> and clean, I could use it ;))

I do my very best regarding simplicity and cleanness, but for now I'll
concentrate on mail. :)

--
Marcel