Different Navit builds

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 11:38:49 CEST 2009

Christian Rüb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as there are some notable differences between navit from SHR[1] and navit directly [2]. Does someone know how the navit binary from [2] is built? Maybe advantages can be merged?
>
> Navit version from [1] is 0.1.0+svnrev2309-r3 from [2] is svn-2511
>
> differences I noticed so far:
> [1]:
> honours $HOME/.navit/navit.xml
> uses correct libgps17 (not 16)
> some icons (e.g. GPS signal) have white background (instead of being transparent)
> street search does not work
> is older
> feels a little bit faster (I use 70px pngs for both, so icons do not have to be calculated)
> libs are named *.so.0
>
> [2]:
> libs are named *.so
>

> [1] http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/navit/navit_svn.bb?h=shr/import
> [2] http://download.navit-project.org/navit/openmoko/svn

using svn r2517 $HOME/.navit/navit.xml is used by navit again, there seemed to be a bug in opk package as navit.xml in /usr/share/navit was empty, too. Also speed seems to be the same for menus etc. One more advantage of using [2]: deactivating "map follows vehicle" in menu now actually works and makes map searching usable even if GPS is on :)