Python email or direct GMail lib?

Michael Pilgermann KichKasch at gmx.de
Tue Aug 25 11:50:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

regarding this side (http://code.google.com/intl/de/apis/apps/overview.html) there is some read only access to emails available:

Gmail Inbox Feed
Apps developers can utilize Gmail's Atom feed to request read-only access to a user's unread messages. To obtain access, you can use AuthSub or OAuth by requesting a token with scope=https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/
<<<

Although, I have not yet tried to make use of it.

For google API in general and sync of information: We have been developing a PIM sync tool PISI (https://projects.openmoko.org/projects/pisi/), which supports Google contacts as well as Google Calendar. I leave it up to you to assess simplicity of the implementation ;)

We used gdata libs from Google for implementation - so there are packages out there already.
Paroli support is not yet finished - hasn't been a priority for us. But its persistence is rather simple - just a dump of all information into a single file: so, if requested, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------