Python email or direct GMail lib?

Adolph J. Vogel ajvogel at tuks.co.za
Tue Aug 25 12:08:42 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 25 August 2009 11:42:10 Michal Brzozowski wrote:
> 2009/8/25 Adolph J. Vogel <ajvogel at tuks.co.za>
>
> > > That's exactly the problem - I've no idea how to get there, anyway it's
> > > still browser based and imho using web browsers on the Neo sucks. Font
> > > sizes never really fit, especially in such a webapp.
> >
> > It probably has to do with the user agent string of the browser. If we
> > could
> > mimic the iphone`s we will have access to a number of other mobile
> > interfaces
> > to websites
>
>  I've used gmail through midori and woosh many times. Just log in, select
> the html version and off you go. However I agree that the site's layout
> doesn't really fit a small screen.

I checked and midori does support user agent switching, it has the big
browsers already included. (Firefox, safari etc.) There is a custom field as
well although entering a user agent string by hand would be tedious.

In fact, there is already a ticket on SHR to include the iphone user agent
string in midori. http://shr-project.org/trac/ticket/565

Dont know when the SHR devs will get around to it.

--
Adolph J. Vogel         BEng(Hons)