Python email or direct GMail lib?

Adolph J. Vogel ajvogel at tuks.co.za
Tue Aug 25 12:51:13 CEST 2009

> Dunno if its the way of going or not.

I like the idea since then we can have access to other iphone specific web
pages.

I had a quick look at the source of midori and patching it to include the
iphone user agent string will be trivial.  I'm not sure what to do with the
patch to get it into the repositories.  We could send the patch upstream and
wait for it to filter down?

Alternatively, we could use the custom field in midori. However, im not sure
what will happen when the user changes the user-agent, and if the custom field
will stay the same.

If we use the custom field, we could use some script trickery and change the
configuration file before running midori and change it back afterwards:

#!/bin/bash

rm ~/.config/midori/config
ln -s ~/.config/midori/config_iphone
midori www.gmial.com
rm ~/.config/midori/config
ln -s ~/.config/midori/config_default

Eventually maybe we can have gmail/facebook etc icons in illume :)