Python email or direct GMail lib?

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:56:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Adolph J. Vogel<ajvogel at tuks.co.za> wrote:
> Its under edit -> preferences -> network (I think).
>
> Unfortunately it doens`t seem available in the midori version on ubuntu 9.04

In ubuntu jaunty the newest midori version is: 0.1.2
The newest official version is: 0.1.9

Edit->preferences -> network DOES NOT exist under 0.1.2
Edit->preferences -> network DOES exist under 0.1.8 (confirmed by
Heinervdm) and 0.1.9 (confirmed by me)

Installing 0.1.9 on ubuntu jaunty requires to add this two line to
/etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webkit-team/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/midori/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

You need to add keys too:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 2D9A3C5B
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys A69241F1

And after:
sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install midori

Full installation howto here:
http://unixlab.blogspot.com/2009/07/installing-midori-on-ubuntu-jaunty.html

Im experimenting with midori right now, will report back later.

Best regards,
 Laszlo