Python email or direct GMail lib?

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:02:19 CEST 2009

On 8/25/09, Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Michael Sheldon<mike at mikeasoft.com> wrote:
>>> Does someone of you know a (possibly easily *g*) usable direct gmail or
>>> general email library?
>>
>>  The imaplib module would probably be your best choice. It's packaged in
>> python-email.
>>

> Isnt usable the gmail's mobile interface?
> Dunno how to access them from a regular browser...
> (they suggest to type www.gmail.com into iphone's webbrowser ....)
>

> For gmail's contacts there is a ready-made python library by google:
> http://code.google.com/intl/hu-HU/apis/contacts/
>
> Im seriously planning some contacts synchronization with gmail
> in paroli application. However its only future plan. So if you
> do some kind of python synchronization, and your code is simple
> and clean, I could use it ;))
>

> Best regards,
>  Laszlo

I think that's really wrong way (support of gmail directly in Paroli).
Why not just use opimd and Gmail-Contacts backend? That backend
shouldn't be hard to write, maybe even I'll write it.

Implementing contacts and messages handling in Paroli is just breaking
compatibility with other FSO apps.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos