Python email or direct GMail lib?

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 14:26:35 CEST 2009

For everyone:

What user agent is on the shr's trac, is different from
iphone 3.0 user agent...

shr's trac user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+
(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A538b Safari/419.3

Iphone 3.0 user agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us)
AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341
Safari/528.16

Here are a 480x640 pixel screenshot of midori window,
it will be more or less the same on the freerunner too:

New version:
http://laszlo.krekacs.googlepages.com/iphone_new_doesnotwork.png
http://laszlo.krekacs.googlepages.com/iphone_new.png

Old version:
http://laszlo.krekacs.googlepages.com/iphone_old.png

The new version does not work under midori. Accessing
any item (inbox, sent mails, all mails, labels) results "Re-establish
your connection..."
message.

Under firefox (with user agent iphone 3.0) works flawlessly.

The old version however works under midori
(accessing at the bottom of the page), but it somehow does not fit
horizontally to the browser window, and does not support labels at all.

All my mailing lists are on labels, so its pretty much an emergency solution.

So we definietly need some work on midori. But I highly assume all of this
are just some really minor issues.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Sebastian
Krzyszkowiak<seba.dos1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that's really wrong way (support of gmail directly in Paroli).
> Why not just use opimd and Gmail-Contacts backend? That backend
> shouldn't be hard to write, maybe even I'll write it.
>
> Implementing contacts and messages handling in Paroli is just breaking
> compatibility with other FSO apps.

I was only playing with the idea (for now), and made some research on
the subject.
Im open to collaborate with other backends, just my programming skills are
limited, so often results an implementation from scratch;)

Feel free to send patches to paroli, i'll implement them right there
and only fix after
if it has bugs;)

Best regards,
 Laszlo