Different Navit builds

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 17:41:45 CEST 2009

KaZeR wrote:

> Christian Rüb wrote:
> >

> > using svn r2517 $HOME/.navit/navit.xml is used by navit again, there
> > seemed to be a bug in opk package as navit.xml in /usr/share/navit was
> > empty, too. Also speed seems to be the same for menus etc. One more
> > advantage of using [2]: deactivating "map follows vehicle" in menu now
> > actually works and makes map searching usable even if GPS is on :)
> >

> Well, as a general rule, i would say that using the most recent one
> (especially with 200+ commits) is usually a good idea. There are indeed some
> new bugs introduced from time to time, but usually commits are done to solve
> bugs ;). And in the specific case of navit, usually when something breaks
> it's fixed the day after (like this navit.xml path issue).

That's what I did before for a long while but then switched to SHR package and did not get updates from svn.
Now I am back to "original" navit packages and I am aware this can happen with devel versions. I was just a bit unfortunate to get a buggy version in the first place.

But I would still be interested to build navit in a clean way for my SHR (i.e. using libgps17), as I have set up a build env for other apps already. A bitbake recipe would be appreciated.

It's really a great app and with a hand crafted OSD layout also very useful on my FR.