[ALL] New showroom for Openmoko apps

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:09:29 CEST 2009

On 8/25/09, David Reyes Samblas Martinez <david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
>> Well, app-oriented showroom will be easier to maintain (well, i'm not
>> sure about that), but less useful for users and applications using
>> data from that showroom (about that i'm sure :P).
> Ok so this argument has conviced me about a separate showroom by
> distro, one of the goals is that the info can be reused, so if in this
> way can be easier lets take this approach
>>
>> Also, I would love to see self-built packages abbandoned at all and
>> not used in such showroom, as they only produce mess and problems.
> Distro mantainers have to work towards including this apps on their
> distros to not let scape any of those cool apps (duke3d, doom, are an
> example of cool apps lost in the distro evolutions)

Can't agree more. Application developers just have to provide distro
friendly sources (preferrably git or svn repo, but tarball hosted on
trusted server is also ok), packaging and integrating into distro has
to be done by distro developers. This way packages won't be out of
date and data in showroom will be really easier to maintain.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos