Freerunner & wireless internet

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Wed Aug 26 12:03:03 CEST 2009

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio wrote:
>> > On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Ben Thompson <bt4 at york.ac.uk
> <mailto:bt4 at york.ac.uk>> wrote:

> Freerunner? If so, which distro was it? Does it work only with > some
> particular (few?) routers?
>> > >

>> > I've been connecting to my Linksys (WRT54GX v2, WPA AES) on the
> FreeRunner running Koolu Android Beta 7 and > OM2009.
>> >
>> > With SHR-U and Mokonnect (my current setup) it does not work.
>>

>>> SHR-U + Mokoconnect does not work for me either. I get DHCP timeout
>>> and I have tried multiple AP's.
>>>
>> try different wifi manager... try nwa please, nicola is doing hard
> work and for me is nicely working.
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NWA
>

> Hi, I'm in the same situation as Ben and Niels (SHR-u, mokonnect, DHCP
> timeout). I'll try nwa later today, thanks.

Have you tried to use "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" before
connecting to your AP?

I had equal wlan problems (dhcp timeout and packet loss) until someone
meantioned that the power saving feature of the freerunner wlan chip
doesn't work with all AP's. And since i'm disabling this feature i can
connect to my AP without problems anymore.

Ciao,
     Rainer