Om2009

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Thu Aug 27 02:39:34 CEST 2009

2009/8/27 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 04:39:06PM -0600, Angus Ainslie wrote:
>> 7:1. So what I'd like to know is does anyone still think Om2009 is a worthy
>> venture or should I move over to SHR and see what help I can be there.
>
> (...)
>
>> This question also has a caveat. Before the end of the month I will be
>> starting a full time contract which will cut into the time that I will have to
>> devote to Om2009. So if Om2009 does move forward the progress will be slow.
>>
>> Looking forward to your responses
>
> Angus, I think you answered yourself :)
>
> With a new job coming up you really should invest smartly on your time.
>
> In my perception (which may be totally wrong) is that Om2009 has really few people
> working on it.
>
> Since this is a small community and the OS is such a big task, it is my opinion
> that it is advisable to avoid duplicating the effort of building and maintening
> an OS with such few differences.
>
> Best of luck with the new gig! :)
>
> Rui

I also like paroli a lot, but as Rui and surely others, I think
doesn't worth   to maintain a full distro for one package, your live
will be easier sure, and all your knowledge sure will be very useful
to improve the core of SHR distro it self
Really really thanks a lot for such great and amazing work you have
done maintaining OM2009 and Paroli.
I believe SHR is where we have to focus our efforts for an OE based
distro for the Neo, and of course other phone devices as long as they
are supported
--
David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com