Unknown boot options

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:30:31 CEST 2009

Leonti Bielski <prishelec at gmail.com> writes:
> Unknown boot option 'g_ether.dev_addr=MAC' 4 times in a row.
>
> It does not affect anything but I hate to see error messages when my
> loglevel=1 quiet and my device is perfectly fine.
> It happens to me every time using Qi and I don't know how to make it
> stop.

Qi reads factory partition to make ethernet gadget use fixed
predefined MAC address. If g_ether is statically compiled in there's
no way to set MAC address other than supplying it through the kernel
command line. If g_ether is a module, the recent modprobe will look at
the kernel command line and load the module with corresponding
parameters.

I guess Qi should support both modular and compiled in g_ether, hence
it has use the kernel command line.

To sum up, i don't know the answer how to hide those messages but at
least now you know why they appear. :)

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com