Showroom hosting , roadmap draft & design

Thomas Otterbein th.otterbein at gmx.net
Thu Aug 27 10:50:57 CEST 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 10:23 Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:38 AM, David Reyes Samblas
>
> Martinez<david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
> > As next stept for the next version, I will say:
> > Including Debian(no mod needed) as distro and see how we can
> > share/discriminate  info of same apps for diferent distros
> > (descriptions, pics, vids, comments, packages....)

<snip>
> And yes, I agree that first to set up it working for one distro first
> and then start improving it from there, supporting other distros too.
>
> I think the question is what distro should be first. SHR yes but
> testing or unstable?
<snip>

Wouldn't it be better to use Debian for the first start?
- Az Martinez said it does not need any adoption on the distro-side
- Az Risto said neiter SHR-U nor SHR-T would -at the moment- be appropriate
for the purpose of the showroom

I believe using Debian for the basic implementation of the showroom would cut
down the amount of work a bit. And since I don't expect the showroom to be
working perfectly from the first start (it's software) it might be better to
work on a distro that is not evolving as fast as SHR (i think). I mean, data
(urls, version numbers, etc.) that has been put into the showrooms database
for testing yesterday is most likely still valid tomorrow - if it's about
Debian.

Best regards
  thomas

--