Debian first experience made a bit easier...

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 15:20:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

With the gust of fresh air everywhere, I took the liberty of joining
the mess that was combined http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian +
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner , so that in the end the
Openmoko wiki page is just a brief showcase about Debian and all
information is included in a sensible, structured way on the Debian's
wiki.

There is still the problem of install.sh having problems, but besides
that (waiting for debian-installer support) I believe trying Debian
out is much more easier now if you just tumble upon the wiki and start
exploring, instead of already knowing someone who uses Debian. Using
Debian on the FreeRunner is quite a great joy for anyone using
Debian/Ubuntu/etc. on the desktop.

Feel free to continue the work of cleaning up wiki(s). I was inspired
by Risto's call for wiki cleaning, and I had already for some time
thought the Debian side of instructions is in a terrible state.

-Timo