Debian first experience made a bit easier...

Edder edder at tkwsping.nl
Thu Aug 27 15:57:41 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Timo Jyrinki<timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With the gust of fresh air everywhere, I took the liberty of joining
> the mess that was combined http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Debian +
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner , so that in the end the
> Openmoko wiki page is just a brief showcase about Debian and all
> information is included in a sensible, structured way on the Debian's
> wiki.

I had been looking at installing debian a couple of days ago and it
seems that this is a definite improvement! The only suggestion I have
is to add some more examples for the install.sh script. An example
that shows how to install debian on an already existing (empty)
partition would be great. From the documentation I gather that this
could be done by doing:
mount /dev/your-partition /mnt/debian
./install.sh debian apt fso configuration tasks kernel cleanup unmount
but I didn't test this (don't want it to start installing it on the
wrong partition/distroying my other installations).

> -Timo

Cheers, Edwin