blink AUX or power light while suspended?

Nathan Kinkade nath at nkinka.de
Thu Aug 27 21:03:09 CEST 2009

This may be an ignorant question, since I really don't know what the
device can and can't do while it is suspended.  I have often thought
that it would be great if there were some way to signal a missed call or
SMS without having to wake the system.  The only possible method that
occurs to me is to flash the AUX or power button light.  This brings me
to two questions:

1) Is it even possible for one of those lights to flash intermittently
while the device is suspended?

2) If so, how much battery drain would be involved in flashing one of
the lights very briefly every 10 or 15 seconds?

Nathan