Showroom hosting , roadmap draft & design

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Thu Aug 27 22:23:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 04:19:07PM +0200, David Reyes Samblas Martinez wrote:
>> !Hola!

>> I must admit that every time I see a company announcing it's ready to
>> do something in the web (write reviews to a shared blog, host
>> something) I get some bad feeling.
>:) I understand , as user/pseudodevel/colaborator sometimes I got the
>same feelings , but without entering in much philosophy Tuxbrain was
>born as a FOSS friendly(to not say lover) company and no reasons on
>the horizon to leave that way :)

Nothing wrong with sponsors and ads if they don't get annoying enough
to require AdBlock ;)

>Talking about resources a
>
>Intel Core2Duo 2x 2.33+ GHz 1066 MHz 64 bits
>RAM 	2 GB DDR2
>HDD 	2x 500 GB SATA2
>Debian Lenny server is on the way to host this :)

Ooh this is power :)

Then we need to figure out the processes here, because a lot of the
effort will have to be merged upstream.

[...]

>> But things being as they are now.. I really don't know. I fear that if
>> unstable's the first to be supported, no apps will ever find their
>> ways to testing.
>After reading 4 times this paragraph I understad you, you mean use the
>showroom as motivation to devels/matainers to push to be in the
>testing release to be able to appear in the showrom, well good point,
>I hope we have a testing soon then :)

Well, this is fortunately a problem with the distro maintainership,
and if someone steps up to the occasion and becomes testing's maintainer,
the problem will go away :)