Questions about installing Android to an external SD card

undrwater undrwater at verizon.net
Fri Aug 28 07:38:38 CEST 2009

vendion wrote:

> I want to test out Android on my freerunner but I don't want to blow away
> my
> working SHR install.  I have a 2 gig microSD card that is free and can be
> used
> my question is grabbing the .tar.gz from koolu [1] according the to
> directions
> on the openmoko wiki [2] all I need to do?
>
> [1] http://www.koolu.org/releases/cupcake-1.5-alpha1/
> [2]
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Android_on_Freerunner#Preparing_the_SD_Card
> --
> "We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other
> reason
> than only freedom can make security more secure."  Karl Popper

I just wanted to bring up this post again and ask if anyone has successfully
installed and run android from a single partition on SD.  I've tried the
panicking images which boot for me from the first partition, but I get a
kernel panic because kernel can't find /sbin/init.  Maybe the kernel is
looking for init in a different partition?

Hope someone can shed some light here.

Russell Dwiggins