[all] Don't answer a call by turning FR upside down..

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Aug 28 11:16:07 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 01:33:18AM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> From what I heard the issue is that reading accelerometers is very
> CPU-intensive.

Not really! omnewrotate doesn't ever take more than 1% and usually is
around 0% (according to top -d 1 -p ...)

What's very cpu intensive is to analyse continually many packets.

In my case I discard packets with '0's in values and packets which
are similar to the previous packet, besides sleeping for a few miliseconds
between reads.

I don't know how effective this technique will be for continuous reading
of data for gestures but...

> Shouldn't be very hard but it'd be extremely cool. Integration to a
> distro (SHR maybe :)  might be a bit more of a hack (adding GUI to
> enable/disable this feature etc) though..

It's easy to add that to omnewrotate, what's the mdbus command for
cancelling or muting a call? A symple system et voit la.

Of course it would be better to use dbus api, but it doesn't support that
yet (although I always wanted it to do some smart things with it).

Rui