Debian first experience made a bit easier...

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Aug 28 11:30:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Radek Polak<psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> I really dont like these long install scripts. When it works it's good
> but if not, it's really hard to find where is problem.

But isn't that the thing with everything?

> I think Debian should be offered as ready-for-flash image.

Would be nice!

> I am creating
> debian images from scratch for every QtMoko release using instructions
> in simple txt document [1] and it always works perfectly. In contrast
> with the install script - i never managed to install debian with it.

I can't see why copypasteing 100 lines would be different from running
a script with the same commands? (ok, except that you can stop, make
sure a step is completed and then continue..)

>> No wonder debian can't attract more people on Freerunner:
>> http://doodle.com/sd2c8d8snr23eeqq
>
> Btw that poll is not very well done. QtMoko is the very last column that
> is not visible (in firefox on jaunty). I am doing that distro and i
> nearly havent voted for it :)

No no, it's very well made, on purpose I left QTmoko to be the last
one so no-one would vote it!

The truth is that it wasn't there at all when I published the poll -
because I forgot it, not having followed closely what happens in the
QT world. SOmeone pointed it out for me and I added it, and I only
could add it as the last one.

And someone's got to be the last one.

And if you vote, you try to look for your distro, no matter if it's
the last or the first? I'd like the doodle layout to allow more space
but I guess the scroll bar is visible enough..

and one more, the poll only represents the part of the community
that's 'active' ie. reading mailing lists, irc etc: as over 10 000
units are sold (with uboot and OM200x in them) this really doesn't
represent the whole population..