Towards paperless geocaching - Advanced Geocaching Tool for Linux

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:46:53 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, den 28.08.2009, 05:08 -0500 schrieb D. Fett:
> Marcel-2 wrote:
> >
> > Could you please make the Maps dir configurable? I luckily have a
> > symlink ~/Maps -> mapdir, but someone else won't...
>
> That should be no problem. Until now, I only know about tangoGPS downloading
> maps automatically, to the ~/Maps folder. Which application expects the maps
> somewhere else and does it have the same folder structure?

I don't know where it expects the map data (probably also in ~/Maps),
but omgps also uses the folder/map data structure created by tgps.
My point was just to be able to set the "map root", the location of the
Maps folder. Data structure in it is the same for omgps, gps and agt
afaik.

> Marcel-2 wrote:
> >
> > Do you somehow set the font color(s) yourself? I use the gtk-theme-neo
> > (black bg and green borders/text) on which the black text in AGT is
> > unreadable.
> >

> Yes, for lazyness reasons I set the color to black. Works for everyone...
> well... or maybe.. just for me. Changing this in the next release :-)

Good to hear :)

> Marcel-2 wrote:
> >
> > Still being able to get the cache descriptions right on the neo is
> > great, now I don't have to print pages and pages of caches anymore. :D
> >

> You better have a paper copy with you until my program is more stable :-)

I didn't experience a single crash the maybe 15 minutes I was playing
round (clicking options at random) with it, that's a good omen :)